If I could get connected, I could tell who you are

Playing with Visual Studio 2008, .net 3.5 and SQL Linq today and decided to make the thing a real application. That means using a membership database. I really like using sql express for development (and deployment) of little applications. It's a shame that my hosting provider doesn't let you use an express database, but I digress...

Anyway, how do you go about creating membership in an existing database...

You twiddle with the command line parameters until you figure out that this is how:

aspnet_regsql -A all -C "Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated
Security=True;User Instance=True" -d "C:\MyProject\APP_DATA\aspnetdb.mdf"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MSSQL Statistical Z-Score

IBM x335 and Windows 2008 installation

Database Projects, SQL Unit Tests, and TeamCity