JavaScript is not Java As Brent so famously once said "JavaScript is not Java". My reply was "Dynamic, loosely typed, AND case sensitive...yea, that'll work". I tried to ignore JavaScript, hoping it would go away. jQuery helped a lot, but it still felt loose and dirty. Somebody out there heard my complaints. My biggest complaint with JavaScript has always been that it didn't have any concept of types, and you got very poor build-time support from development environments. Enter TypeScript I believe that Anders Hejlsberg would have been one of the great contributors to software developers productivity just for TurboPascal, Delphi, or C#, or .NET, but his work to modernize without breaking JavaScript through TypeScript , I predict will be far more reaching than any of the others. Add to that the fact that Microsoft has made TypeScript open source, and that it has IDE support in Eclipse and Visual Studio (among others), and you have the makings of a perfe...
Comments